Red Sea Dive Trip
DIVE THE RED SEA - One of the Top 10 Dive Destinations in the World
Home to one of the world’s oldest civilizations, Egypt bears testament to some of mankind’s earliest triumphs. The pyramids of Cairo are one of the Seven Wonders of the World and the nearby Museum of Egyptian Antiquities houses the legendary treasures of Tutankhamen. But Egypt is much more than ancient monuments and pyramids. It’s a cruise down the Nile, a luxury hotel and hot nightlife, it’s a vast invigorating desert and, especially for scuba divers, it’s the Red Sea. Just beyond the shore lie cool, azure waters, beautiful coves, millions of fish, fantastic visibility, sheltered reefs, towers, pinnacles, walls, coral gardens and wrecks. They all send a siren call to scuba divers and mark the Red Sea as a world-class scuba diving destination. No matter how impressive the above-water attractions, the real jewel in the Egyptian crown has to be the simply staggering diving.
LIVEABORD DIVE BOAT: Betel Gueser
TRIP LEADER: Mo'nes Abdelwahab
TRIP DATES: July 2 - July 11, 2017, TBD
10-day Itinerary: . You will fly to Cairo, Egypt and take a 1 hour domestic flight to our port of departure, Marsa Alam and then will be directly transported to the Betel Gueser that day. We will travel overnight and start our diving the next day. After you have finished our diving, we will travel to Luxor, a city in central eastern Egypt, east bank of the Nile River in southern Egypt. It's on the site of ancient Thebes, the pharaohs’ capital at the height of their power, during the 16th–11th centuries B.C. Today's city surrounds 2 huge, surviving ancient monuments: graceful Luxor Temple and Karnak Temple, a mile north.
- 6 days/7 nights of guided diving (3 to 4 dives per day)
- Flights from Cairo to
- FREE Nitrox (certification required), tanks, weights
- Private air-conditioned cabins (dbl occ), bathroom, TV, mini fridge, storage, electrical outlets, wifi internet
- All meals, snacks, and beverages
- Round-trip transport and tour to Luxor, Valley of the Kings, and overnight accommodations.
- Roundtrip land transport from the Marsa Alam airport to boat, and boat to Luxor and Luxor to Marsa Alam Airport on arrival/departure dates.
TRIP Not Included:
- International and domestic roundtrip flights to Cairo Eygpt and Cairo to Marsa Alam.
- Option: group airfare: ~$1100pp
- Egypt Visa, purchased on arrival, ~$50
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dive and Trip insurance
- Gratuities for crew & staff
- 15L cylinders, available at extra fee
- Rental gear, available for extra fee
- Single occupancy, available for extra fee
Visibility – Usually clear, visibility can range from 15-170 metres/50-230 feet
Water Temperature – Depending on the season, water temperature ranges from 21-30°C/70-86°F.
Weather – Egypt’s climate is hot and dry, however, in the winter the north is quite cool. The air temperature ranges from 21-40°C/70-104°F. Diving is always good, year round.
Featured Creatures – The Red Sea offers an amazing diversity of fish on nearly every dive. Thousands of anthias sweeping across a coral wall will compete with coral groupers, wrasse, blue spotted rays, butterfly fish and angelfish for your attention. But, don’t get too caught up in the action – you might just miss that majestic whale shark gently cruising by.
Recommended Training – Take the Deep Diver and Drift Diver courses for diving the fabulous walls. The Digital Underwater Photographer course is also great to record your adventure. You do have your Enriched Air Diver, right? 'Cause you going to want to have it!!
* Fuel charges, taxes, increases in air fare and permits are not under our control. We do our best to anticipate these costs in advance, but we respectfully advise that prices can change based on market fluctuation.